MHRD Webinar: Amidst the global pandemic, the world has come to a halt and so does the education sector of the country. During the lockdown period, students are coping up with online classes and eagerly awaits for notifications about various examinations.
On Tuesday the Union Human Resource Development minister Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal addressed students’ queries through a webinar across the country and made some major announcements.
Here are some highlights from the webinar:
- The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET 2020) which is taken by lakhs of students to enter into MBBS and BDS courses will now be held on 26 July 2020.
- IIT-JEE Mains exam will be held on 18-23 July 2020. JEE Advance dates will be announced soon. The exam will be conducted by NTA and guidelines will be published soon.
- As per UGC guidelines, the new academic session for various universities will start from 01 August 2020 for older batches and 01 September 2020 for the new batch.
- Dr. Pokhriyal also mentioned that there will be no fee hike in institutions like IIT’s IIIT’s and NIT’s for the upcoming academic year.
- Class 10 CBSE exams have ended for all the students except the NOrtheast Delhi students. 10 days will be given to students before the commencement of the examination.
- The Course Committee of CBSE is working on the reduction of the syllabus. This will help to avoid undue stress among students and teachers during the examinations.
- During the webinar it was also suggested that in case the situation does not improve, the result of intermediate students will be based on the marks scored in their internal assessment and previous semester(if any)
- Also to make sure students of the rural area doesn’t lack behind e-learning content will be available on SWYAM-Prabha ( a bouquet of educational channels available with DD)
The webinar was attended by hundreds of students and parents. The minister cleared some fog from the upcoming examination schedule and sighed relief to thousands of students.