Delhi University Sports ECA Quota
Students wishing to seek admission under the Sports/ Extra Curricular Activity (ECA) quota in Delhi University will also have to register themselves with the varsity’s portal.
As many as 39 colleges have requirements of basketball and volleyball players and athletes while 31 colleges want cricketers and footballers. Among other sports, there are seats in judo in 23 colleges, chess in 22 colleges, kabaddi in 20 colleges and taekwondo in 21. Delhi University colleges offer admission in sports quota under 27 sports/activities. 5% seats are reserved in each college for sports and extracurricular activities (ECA) quota, collectively.
Sports and colleges:
All students including those who wish to seek admission under Sports/ECA quota will have to register themselves on the university portal. Using their registration number the students will then have to go for trials, which will be game-wise for sports quota and non-performing art wise for ECA quota.
For example, if a college has good infrastructure for basketball, trials for the game will be held in that particular college, similarly if a college has a good stage for a theatre performance, auditions for theatrics will be held in that college.
DU gives 40% weightage to the sports certificate and 60% weightage to the sports trials of the game for which the candidate has received the certificate.
In case of ECA, DU gives 25% weightage to certificates, whereas, 75% weightage is given to ECA Trials.
Guidelines for DU UG Admissions on the basis of Sports:
As per the official notification of the University of Delhi, the colleges affiliated to the university will need to notify the number of seats under Sports Quota on their college website well in advance, i.e.; before the pre-registration schedule of the undergraduate programmes as announced by the University.
There are two categories under which DU will admit students on the basis of Sports Quota:
Super Category – Under this category, there shall be direct admissions without sports trials. Delhi University conducts admissions for UG programmes for the sports persons who have participated/represented the country in the following competitions –
- Olympic Games by International Olympic Committee
- World Championships under International Sports federations (IOA and/or MYAS recognized/affiliated Games)
- Asian Games by Olympic Council of Asia
- Asian Championships under International Sports federations (IOA and/or MYAS recognized/affiliated Games)
- Commonwealth Games, S.A.F Games and Afro-Asian Games (IOA and /or MYAS recognized/affiliated Games)
- Paralympic Games (IOA and/or MYAS recognized/affiliated Games)
Admissions with Sports Trials – Under this category, the admissions will be based on sports trials. The candidates availing Sports Quota under this category need to follow the guidelines as below –
- Those who have Sports Certificates will be awarded a maximum of 50 marks
- The DU Colleges will conduct and video-graph the Sports Trials
- There shall be a maximum of 50 marks for Sports Trials which include skill test, game performance test, game specific fitness and fundamentals of the game
- It is essential for the candidates to qualify at one of the following fitness test items for being considered of the admissions in Archery, Chess and Shooting. While those availing Spots Quota for other games need to qualify in any of the two fitness test items for being considered eligible for admissions under the Quota –
List of Activities for ECA Trials:
- Dance (Indian Classical/ Western/ Indian Folk/ Choreography)
- Music Vocal (Indian Classical/ Western Classical/ Indian Light & Folk/ Western Light)
- Creative Writing (English & Hindi)
- Digital Media (Still Photography/ Animation/ Film Making)
- Music Instrumental (Indian/ Western)
- Fine Arts (Sketching & Painting/ Sculpture)
- Debate (English & Hindi)
- Divinity for minority colleges (For Mata Sundri College, Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College and Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College)
How can I avail Sports/ECA Quota for DU Admissions?
You can avail the Sports/ECA Quota Application Form through the same online application form of DU admissions. You need to fill in the DU Admissions Sporta/ECA Quota Application Form and submit it between the scheduled dates as provided by the respective colleges to the avail the quota. Afterwards, you will have to appear for the Fitness Tests conducted by DU Sports Council and then the fitness trials at respective DU Colleges, on the scheduled dates. Moreover, the Delhi University has decided that, this year there shall be no multiple trials conducted. The sports trials will be conducted game-wise and in respective colleges.
DU Admissions Sports Quota Activity Dates – Find below the important dates for the fitness tests and sports trials –
|DU Admissions through Sports/ECA Quota Events||Important Dates|
|Beginning of Issue and Receipt of DU Admissions Sports/ECA Quota Application Forms by the Colleges||To be announced|
|Submission of list of applicants seeking admissions on the basis of Sports by colleges||To be announced|
|Conduct of Fitness Test by DU Sports Council at University Polo ground, Kingsway Camp||To be announced|
|Online Notification of Result of Fitness Test||To be announced|
|Dispatch of soft copies of the Results of Fitness Tests to all colleges||To be announced|
|Conduct of Sports Trials by Colleges||To be announced|