Delhi University on monday issued a revised academic calendar for the academic year 2019-20 as per the ‘Guidelines on Examinations and Academic Calendar for universities in view of Covid-19 Pandemic and Subsequent Lockdown’ issued by University Grants Commission which was released on April 29.
As per the revised schedule,
- The evaluation of practical, internal assessment, dissertation, project work, fieldwork and assignment is to be done from May 19 to June 12.
- The summer vacations will begin from June 13 and end on June 30.
- The semester examinations for final year students will be held from 1st July to 31st July.
- The new academic session for 3rd Semester/2nd year and 5th semester/3rd year students will begin from August 1.
- Fresh batch for 1st semester/1st year will begin from September 1.
This new academic calendar is “subject to amendment, depending upon the situation emerging out of the prevailing COVID-19 pandemic or any other exigency.”
Students can check the updated information on the revised academic calendar on Delhi University’s official website www.du.ac.in.
University has also released the notice regarding the admission of students in the first year.
Also final year students from Delhi University can check the tentative schedule of semester end examinations on the official website.