Ministry of Human Resource Development along with University Grants Commission has released Standard Operating Procedure to conduct final year examinations. The examinations for the final year are expected to be conducted by September 30, 2020.
Standard Operating Procedure includes the guidelines provided by the UGC on July 6. These guidelines involve the re-schedule for the final year examinations. It mentions the commencement of the examinations from September 30, 2020 in offline or online or blended mode.
The letter issued by the University Grants Commission mention that the SOP is delivered for the safety and security of the students and the staff while conducting the final year examinations amidst the outbreak of pandemic.
However, the SOP is released by the UGC after a lot of criticism by the students against the conduction of the examinations amidst pandemic. Students flooded the twitter with the hashtags “students lives matter” and “cancel final year exams”. They used social media to state their demands against the examinations. Many memorandums and letters including petitions were generated by the them. Students are raising demands to mark them on the basis of the internal assessments.
• As per the instructions of the SOP, the students I’d card shall be assume as the pass for their movement. Also, state government shall issue such passes to all the other staffs and personnel present in the examination centre.
• The examination hall should be sanitized properly including the benches, switch boards, doors, etc. The liquid hand wash bottles and sanitizers should be made available at the examination room, entry gate.
• Thermal checking shall be done at the staff entry gates. Fresh masks and gloves should be used by the exam functionaries after the staff verification is completed.
• Washroom should be disinfected and sanitized at every hour.
• Staff shall fill the self-declaration form before entering the examination hall stating their health status. In case they fail to meet the self-declaration criteria, they’ll ask to leave the centre immediately.