SOL DU Admission 2017 – School of Open Learning Delhi University Application Process will start soon. The Admission Brochure for UG Admissions consisting detailed Course wise Eligibility Criteria/Admission process/ Fee/ Application fee/ submission process are also to be intimated at the website of School of Open Learning DU in due course. Students who are waiting for the information brochure and Online application process have to wait till 3rd week of June, 2017.
SOL DU started with 900 students in 1962 and for the academic year 2013-14 it enrolled around 4 lakh students and in 2014-15 around 4.5 lakh students were enrolled in DU SOL. Delhi University regular has only 54000+ UG seats.
- SOL DU Application Process will start in the month of July 2017. Once the application gets started, the link to apply online will be updated on this page.
- The Campus of Open Learning (COL) to go Digital from this year, SOL DU is a part of Campus of Open Learning. Campus of Open Learning (COL) to go Digital
- SOL has also introduced the virtual classroom from the last session.
SOL DU Important Dates:
|Details||Last year’s Dates|
|SOL DU 2017 Online Application & Sale & Receipt of DU SOL Application Form 2017 begins- Offline Begins||July 15|
|Last date for sale of SOL Application Form 2017 (Online & Offline)- Without Late Fees||August 31|
|Receipt of SOL Application Form 2014 (Online & Offline)- With Late Fees of Rs. 200||September 15|
Students who want to take admissions to the UG Courses BA (Hons) English/Political Science or B.Com (Hons) or B.Com Pass will have to submit the admission form online at official website of SOL. Students willing to apply for admission in to the BA Programme may submit their application fee to their nearest IDBI branch or can pay through Online Mode also.
|BA Programme and B.Com Pass||40% or more marks in aggregate at 10+2 examination|
|BA (Honors) English||60% or more in any one of the qualifying examinations with 70& or more in English Core or 60% in English Elective/Functional English.|
|BA (Honors) Political Science||50% or more aggregate amrks in any one of the qualifying examination|
|B.Com (Hons)||55% or more in Aggregate, or 60% or more in aggregate of vocational/technical stream with commerce.|
Note: Students belong to the SC/ST category need only passing marks in any one of the qualifyingexaminations. Candidates of OBC category will 10% relaxation in the minimum percentage of marks and PwD candidates will get the 5% relaxation.
|Course||Without late Fee||With late Fee||PWD Category|
|B.Com (Hons)||Rs 3,730||Rs 3,930||Rs 65|
|B.Com||Rs 3,430||Rs 3,630||Rs 65|
|BA (Hons) English||Rs 3,430||Rs 3,630||Rs 65|
|BA (Hons) Pol Science||Rs 3,530||Rs 3,730||Rs 65|
|BA Prog.||Rs 3,330||Rs 3,430||Rs 3,530||Rs 3,630||Rs 65|
Courses offered by the SOL in Under Graduation:
- BA Programme
- BA (Hons) English
- BA (Hons) Pol Science
- B.Com (Hons)
Short Term Courses for SOL Students
- School of Open Learning has introduced some short term courses to enhance the employability of the students. Delhi University has tied up with various industry partners for these courses. Students who get enrolled in these courses gets a Joint Certificate from the University and the Industry Partners like CII, HCL, Birla Academy etc.
- Most of these courses are of 6 months duration which includes a 2-month internship. After completing the programme the student is eligible for the placements.
- There are around 21 short term courses offered by the university. The fees for these courses is in the range of Rs.3000 – Rs. 25,000.
How to Apply Online for the admission:
- Click on the URL: www.sol.du.ac.in/admission
- If you are registering then click on the ‘New User’ button but If you are already registered then click on the ‘Registered User’ button.
- Fill-in all the fields in the registration page and press the ‘Save’ button. Afterwards, successful registration, you will get the login information to your registered email-id and mobile number.
- enter your email id (registered) and password, click on ‘Submit’ button
- Please enter the data into the fields and click on ‘Save’ button.
- upload the relevant documents in the below screen and click on ‘Save’ button.
- You must verify all the entered details before you proceeding for the payments. Please read the acknowledgement and select the ‘Check Box’. After the complete verification click on ‘Verify’ button.
- Select your like payment method
- After successful payment, the screen displays; your SOL ROLL NUMBER and FEE RECEIPT NUMBER is generated
- click on ‘Print Fee Receipt’ to view and download in pdf format.
- click on ‘Print ID Card’ to print the ID card.