The results of the FYUP and that of other programmes are already out and many students are left utterly shocked with their performance. Many would feel they have been not given the marks they deserved or feel cheated and may call the marking scheme as being biased. The option of revaluation was done away with in October 2013 but due to continued protests by students and DUSU, it was reintroduced in October 2014.
According to the official Delhi University Information Center, “Revaluation means to reevaluate the paper of a particular subject completely. For this, a candidate has to completely surrender his/her original marks of a particular subject and accept the final result as declared by the University as a result of revaluation.”
1) Application form available at: –
(b) Forms (right side, under University corner)
(c) Degree/ Transcript related form
(d) Revaluation request form (revised)
2) Fees:-Rs 1000 per paper to be paid to University of Delhi along with the application.
3) Documents required:-Photocopy of current statement for verification of roll number including the marks and subject for which verification is sought.
4) Verification required: – Verify the document from the Principal/ Head of the college or Institution along with stamp and signature.
5) Timing: – 9:30 am to 1:00 pm and 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm.
6) Submission: – Candidates are advised to submit their request to Revaluation Cell Counter
NORTH CAMPUS – (Window No. 1), Examination Branch, North Campus, University of Delhi- 110007
SOUTH CAMPUS – (Window No. 1), Examination Branch, South Campus, University of Delhi- 110002
7) Result: – Result may be issued by post within the 45th to 60th day of submission of form or shall be uploaded on the website as per the notification of University of Delhi.
Rules and Regulations of Revaluation:
a) Revaluation is allowed only in theory papers of non professional courses, which have not been jointly valued.
b) Select the papers carefully in which you wish to seek revaluation. No second application for additional papers shall be accepted and summarily rejected.
c) Revaluation is to be applied for within 15 daysof the date of uploading of results on the University website.
d) The Candidate is required to produce a photocopy of his/her current Admission Ticket and/or statement of marks for verification of Roll No., marks etc., at the time of submission of Application Form for revaluation and also to attach self address envelop of 9”x4” size with Postal Stamp worth `5 affixed, for sending revaluation result.
Download Revaluation form here :-
[embeddoc url=”https://www.dutimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/231111_revaluation_form.pdf” download=”all”]
DU students should be careful to note that:
1. When you apply for revaluation, you surrender your original performance and will now accept the revised performance:
a) there can be NO CHANGE,
b) there can be INCREASE in the marks,
c) there can be DECREASE in the marks
2. The application is to be made by the candidate in his/her own handwriting and under his/her own signature and not by anyone else on his/her behalf.
3. a) If the award of the revaluation varies from the original award up to and including +5% of the maximum marks, the original award will stand.
b) If the award of the first revaluator is beyond + 5% and up to + 10%, the average of the marks of original examiner and the first revaluator will be taken.
c) If the award of the revaluator varies from the original award by more then + 10% of the minimum marks, the answer script will be examined by a Second revaluator (Other than original and first) and the average of the two nearest awards out of the three awards thus available (including the original award) shall be taken as final.
All the best to everyone applying for Revaluation!