DU JAT 2016 is a National Level Entrance Test which is conducted by the University ofDelhi (DU). The exam is conducted for those candidates who want to take the admission in BMS, BBA (FIA) and BA (H) Business Economics courses in its 13 affiliated colleges.
The entrance exam will be held on June, 2016 at Delhi Centers.
DU JAT 2016 – Delhi University Joint Admission Test | Exam Highlights:
|Exam Name||Joint Admission Test|
|Conducted By||University of Delhi|
|Courses||BMS, BBA (FIA) and B.A. (Hons.) Business Economics|
|Exam Date||Last week of June, 2016|
|Issue Date of Online Application Form||1st week of June, 2016|
|Last Date for Submission of the Online Application Form||3rd week of June, 2016|
|Date of Result||1st week of July, 2016|
DU JAT 2016 – Delhi University Joint Admission Test | Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidate should be passed or should have appeared in the Senior Secondary School Examination of CBSE or any other examination considered equivalent by the University of Delhi.
- The candidate should be passed with a minimum of 60% marks in 10+2 examination along with four papers which includes English and Mathematics andother two subjects are approved by the University of Delhi(60% marks are required for OBC, 50%for SC/ST and 54% marks for CW/PWD).
- The candidate should have secured, passing marks in each of the four papers which are considered in computing the aggregate.
- Foreign candidates can also apply for DU JAT 2016 entrance exam on the basis of the rules of Delhi University.
DU JAT 2016 – Delhi University Joint Admission Test | Application Form:
The application form of the entrance exam will be available Online for those candidates who want to fill and register for the exam on May, 2016.
The application fees are mentioned below which will depend upon the category of the candidates and number of courses.
|Category||All Courses||Any Two Courses||Exactly One Course|
|General / OBC||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 800/-||Rs. 600/-|
|SC / ST/ CW/ PwD||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 400/-||Rs. 300/-|
|Foreign Students||Application Fees are based upon the rules of the University of Delhi|
DU JAT 2016 – Delhi University Joint Admission Test | Application Procedure:
- The Application Form of the entrance exam will be filled by the candidate through Online and for this procedure they will have to create the Login ID and Passwordfirst.
- Once the Login ID and Password will be created by the candidates they will need some document so that they can fill the fields which will be asked in the application form like Class 12thMarksheet, Scanned copy of their signature, Soft copy of their passport size photograph, Annual Income record of family and Debit / Credit card.
- After completion of the application form the candidates will have to make the payment by using Debit/ Credit card and the application fees will be depended upon the category of the candidates and number of courses.
- If the candidate is unable to complete the entire process of filling the application form in the first attempt they can use the“Save and Logout” option. The same form will be saved and candidate can use it again and can make the payment. But if in case the payment is made by the candidate, then they cannot do editing in the application form.
- At the time of completion of the payment of the fee, an Acknowledgement Slip will be generated.
- The candidates will have to carry the printout of the acknowledgement slip with them till the time of the admission will be sought in a college.
DU JAT 2016 – Delhi University Joint Admission Test | Admit Card:
The Admit Cards of entrance exam will be sent to the candidates through an email from June second week 2016.
DU JAT 2016 – Delhi University Joint Admission Test | Examination Pattern:
- The time duration of the exam will be of 2hours and it will be held at centers inDelhi.
- The exam will be based on Multiple Choice of Questions.
- The candidates will be required to attempt 120 questions in 120 minutes.
- The candidate will get plus Three marks for each correct answer and minus One mark for each wrong answer.
- If candidates will select Multiple Answers for one question that the answer will be treated as a Wrong Answer.
- The question paper of entrance exam will be made on Quantitative Ability, Reasoning and Analytical Ability, General English and Business and General Awareness syllabus.
- The written test is designed to evaluate the aptitude of the candidates.
DU JAT 2016 – Delhi University Joint Admission Test | Results:
BThe first round of result will be declared on June, 2016 and the candidates will be shortlisted for BMS and BBA (FIA)courses on the same day. The final admission result of the entrance exam will be published on July, 2016.
DU JAT 2016 – Delhi University Joint Admission Test | Selection Procedure:
- The selection criteria for B.A. (Hons.) Business Economics course will be based upon the performance of the candidate in entrance exam and class 12th examination.
- The selection criteria for BMS and BBA (FIA) courses will be based upon the secured rank in the Joint Admission Test and in the 12th class examination. It will also depend upon the candidates’performance at the time of interview or a group discussion.
Final Selection will be made for all categories on the basis of the weights which are mentioned below:
|Course||Written Examination||Class XII Board Examination||Interview||Group Discussion|
|BMS/ BBA (FIA)||
|B.A. (Honours)Business Economics||50%||50%||–||–|
DU JAT 2016 – Delhi University Joint Admission Test | Counselling:
The first counselling will be held on July, 2016 for BMS and BBA (FIA) courses andfor B.A. (Hons.) Business Economics course it will be conducted on July, 2016.
DU JAT 2016 Counselling Procedure:
- The colleges will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of their secured rank in their respective category.
- The candidates should be physically present at the time of counselling which will be scheduled by the university.
- If the candidates are not available at the time of counselling which will be scheduled by the university, then they will lose their admission rights.
- The candidates took the admission at the time of counselling then they will have to deposit the fees for a particular course and will have to fulfill the admission formalities within the specified time if they do not follow the instruction the application of the candidate will be cancelled.
- The candidate will have to provide an undertaking to the college at the time of admission that they will not take the admission to any other course or college in the University of Delhi.