The DUET 2021 registration period began on July 26 and ended on August 21, 2021. The Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET 2021) will be held on September 26 by the National Testing Agency (NTA). For UG, PG, M.Phil / Ph.D. programmes, the DUET will be held on September 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, and October 1, 2021.
How will the exam be conducted?
The exam will only be computer-based. According to the official notice, the admission exam will be held in three slots: the first from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., the second from 12.30 p.m. to 2.30 p.m., and the third from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on all days. For UG courses, the examination structure comprises a two-hour test, multiple-choice questions in the question paper, 100 questions, and four marks for each right answer. For wrong replies, there will be negative marking. The paper will be written entirely in English.
DUET Marking Scheme
|Marks for Each Correct Answer||Marks Deducted for Each Wrong Answer||Total Marks|
Things to keep in mind
- Thoroughly familiarise yourself with the DUET syllabus.
- Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern and marking so you can prepare accordingly.
- Gather all study materials, such as prep books and previous year’s test papers, to assist you. Don’t just reply on youtube videos.
- Also, make a daily as well as the monthly schedule for how much you’ll cover each day.
- Complete question papers, practice tests, and mock exams.
DUET is a highly competitive all-India entrance test, and applicants taking the exam must have a strategy and goal in mind in order to perform well and qualify. While preparing for the DUET, aspirants can use the following prep plan techniques :
• Understand the DUET test pattern: Candidates should review the DUET exam pattern to gain a sense of the exam’s general structure. The exam format varies depending on the curriculum. The online test will last two hours and will consist of multiple-choice questions. The test has a total of 400 points.
• DUET Curriculum: Candidates must carefully go through the syllabus in order to perform well in the DUET test. On a daily basis, aspirants must organize their strategies. There is no such thing as success without effort, and applicants may better prepare for the entrance test by understanding which topics to examine in-depth and others require only a cursory understanding.
The following suggestions will assist the applicant in doing so:
- Make a subject-by-subject list of potential subjects.
- As per personal experience, divide the themes and topics into easy and tough categories.
- Make a list of the subjects with the highest weighting (as determined by the previous year’s question papers).
• Go through the prep books: Candidates should buy at least two to three DUET prep books, depending on the course they are applying for. Aspirants may use the books to figure out which topics to learn and study, as well as what to expect on the entrance test. Candidates just need to purchase the required books for the programme they have applied for.
• Make and follow a Timetable: Candidates should make a schedule for what topics to cover when, which subjects should be given top priority, and how much time they should devote to each topic on a daily basis. To better prepare, review the curriculum and material, and attempt as many question papers, practice papers, and previous year’s question papers as possible. An applicant might have a good sense of what to expect in the entrance exam by doing so.
• Examine Previous Year’s Question Papers: Candidates taking the DUET 2021 test should solve the previous five years’ question papers to have a better understanding of the exam structure and type of questions that will be asked. Candidates can learn which subjects are given a lot of weight and which topics might help them do better in the test by looking at the previous questions.
• Solve sample papers and Mock exams: Solving question papers, sample papers, and mock tests is the greatest approach for a candidate to learn their strengths and weaknesses. Due to this, candidates will be able to determine the optimal technique to use while attempting the real DUET question paper. Solving sample papers may help applicants prepare for the entrance test in a variety of ways, from time management to comprehend the format of the paper.
DUET Books that will help you prepare
Candidates must prepare for each topic using prep books, as this will allow them to remove their doubts and have a full understanding of the subjects.
|Self Study Guide for LLB||Arihant Experts|
|Guide for BBA/BBS/BBM 2019||Arihant Experts|
|Delhi University BMS Guide||Arihant Experts|
|Delhi University MA Economics||Arihant Experts|
|Delhi University MA English Guide 2019||Arihant Experts|
|Delhi University MCom Honours Guide||Arihant Experts|
|Delhi University BEd JEE||Arihant Experts|
|Delhi University BElEd Common Entrance Exam||Arihant Experts|
|Delhi Vishwavidyalaya BEd Sanyukt Pravesh Pariksha||Arihant Experts|
|Fluency in English II||Department of English: University of Delhi|
|Delhi University MA Political Science Entrance Examination||RPH Editorial Board|
|Delhi University Financial Accounting||DK Goel|