During this epidemic period, CBSE is trying it’s hard to get exams done for remaining students. Here is the FAQs from CBSE which will be in the mind of students who are going to appear for it. Following are the most asked questions regarding the Examination Centre and Hall.
CBSE Examination Halls
- Examinations would now be conducted in the respective schools of the candidates instead of the examination centre already allotted.
- CBSE will allow change of examination centre in respect of candidates who have shifted and are residing in some other district in the country than the place of their school.
- FOR CHANGE: Students who were · residing in hostels · Students sponsored by State Governments or · Students who have shifted from the district of their school to some other district within India.
What are the important points before applying for the change in centre.
- Change of centre in the same district will not be allowed. NCT of Delhi will be considered as one district for this purpose hence change of examination centre from one district of Delhi to another district of Delhi will not be permitted.
- Change of examination centre will be allowed only in the district in which the applicant has shifted to, and in which CBSE is having affiliated schools. Provided, in case, a student is presently staying in a district in which there is no CBSE affiliated school, an examination 2 centre in neighboring district will be allotted.
- In the containment zone, no examination centre will be permitted. In case of schools falling in containment zones as on date, examination centre of the students of these schools will be allotted outside the containment zone.
- Private candidates (2nd chance Compartment, Failures of previous year, Improvement of Performance, Additional subject, Female candidates of NCT of Delhi, Visually Impaired candidates) and Patrachar Vidyalaya candidates who have not shifted from their district of examination centre to any other district in India will be required to appear for the examination from the allotted examination centre from where they have appeared earlier upto 18.3.2020.
- No examination will be conducted for the students studying in CBSE affiliated schools situated outside India(abroad) because of restrictions imposed by their Governments. Their result will be declared as per the assessment scheme to be decided by the Board.
- In case children with special needs availing the facility of scribe do not wish to appear in the forthcoming examination because of noncompliance of social distancing norms, their result will be declared as per the assessment scheme to be decided by the Board. · Last date of any activity will not be changed under any circumstances. · Once option is exercised by candidate/school for change of examination centre, no change will be allowed thereafter. · No request for re-conduct of examination will be entertained
Request to CBSE will be denied.
- Students who may have requested CBSE to change their examination centre will have to make a request to their own school.
- No request for change of examination centre should be sent to CBSE directly by the candidates. Such requests will not be entertained.
Who are Private Candidates?
- Candidates appearing for 2nd chance Compartment, ·
- Failures of previous year
- Improvement of Performance
- Additional subject
- Female candidates of NCT of Delhi
- Visually Impaired candidates appearing as private candidates and
- Patrachar Vidyalaya candidates of Delhi
CBSE asks students to personally check the location of the examination centre to avoid delay in reaching to the centre on the day of examination. The Board has helped with App which is available at Play Store. The name of the app is ‘Examination centre locator of CBSE’. CBSE informs that certain schemes are still left to be prepared and some will be shared soon.
Students who are residing out of India during this period, if desired than can appear from any district of India. There is no conduction of CBSE exams other than India.
CBSE also asserts students to reach out to their school first for any change or help, it will be better for them only to sort their problems as soon as possible. CBSE has provided links and call numbers.