ABOUT THE COURSE-
Post Graduate Diploma in Business Journalism and Corporate Communication (DBJCC) is a vibrant and innovative programme with the aim of providing students with an insight into the corporate world. It is the only course, one of its kind, being pursued at the Delhi University and is affiliated to the Faculty of Applied Social Sciences & Humanities, South Campus, University of Delhi. This one year, full-time programme was started in 2004.
The scenario in the job market is at an accelerated pace change in a globalised world created by the information and communication revolution. In order to meet the manpower requirements, the corporate sector has been projecting requirement of computer savvy youngsters equipped with skills in Corporate Communication, Public Relations, Advertising and Business Journalism.
Must have passed in recognized board or any recognized university or equivalent
Admission to DBJCC is based on the entrance test conducted by the college with 80% weightage, interview with 10% weightage & group discussion with 10% weightage.
The admission test will be of 2 hours duration and will consist of objective type questions with weightage on:-
- Economics and Business Awareness (30% weightage)
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs (20% weightage)
- General English (20% weightage)
- Quantitative Ability and Logical Reasoning (30% weightagefrom the official Website from 28th May, 2018 to 28th June, 2018
Students can download the admission forms on official website from 28th May,2018 to 28th June,2018
Total No. of Papers : 9 Plus Project Report
No. of Semesters : 2
Papers to be taught in First Semester
- 1. Communication and Business Communication
- 2. Indian Business Environment
- 3. Print and Electronic Media
- 4. Financial System and Analysis
- 5. Information Technology and Cyber Journalism
Papers to be taught in Second Semester
- 6. Global Information Scenario
- 7. PR and Corporate Communication
- 8. Advertising and Marketing
- 9. Reporting and Editing: Theory and Process
- 10. Project Report
FEES- Rs. 59,920/- (Demand draft)
As a part of the course, the students are required to undertake internships in the fields of Media, Corporate Communication, PR etc. for six weeks. The DBJCC students have been selected for internship and placements at various organizations like Creative News, Propel PR, Business Wire(PR JWT Ad Company), Indo Asian News Services (IANS), Jindal Group and Companies, Omaxe Ltd. Everest Market Research, Grey Cell PR, CNN-IBN.
All the best.
Please like and share the post.