The University Grants Commission (UGC) has announced a scholarship for students in postgraduate courses in different universities. The Scholarship For Reserved Category will be rewarded to a total of 1,000 students belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST). This scholarship is for the students pursuing postgraduate courses in engineering, technology, management, pharmacy, and other professional courses.
The students of Masters in Engineering (ME) and Masters in Technology (MTech) will be given a scholarship of Rs 7,800 per month. The amount of scholarship for other PG-level courses will be Rs 4,500 per month. After selection, the scholarship will be paid to students from the date of joining the course.
Interested students should read the following Important points before applying the National Scholarship Portal:
– Non-Professional Courses like MA, MSc, MCom, MSW and MA in Mass Communication & Journalism will not be eligible for the scholarship.
– Candidates pursuing post-graduation in professional courses through correspondence or distance education are not covered under this scheme.
– As per the notification, the tenure of the award is for two or three years depending upon the postgraduate course.
– The payment, will be done through the DBT mode for the UGC scholarship amount to the selected students.
– The scholarship of students who fail to be promoted to the next class will be withdrawn.
-Interested candidates fulfilling the required eligibility criteria are required to apply online at National Scholarship Portal (NSP) before November 30, 2021.
-Institute verification window will remain open till December 15, 2021. It is mandatory to get the online application verified from the institute where the candidate is studying.