Delhi University’s School of Open Learning(SOL) has started with its online admission process for its five undergraduate courses from June 1, 2017.
The Admission Brochure for UG Admissions consisting detailed Course wise Eligibility Criteria/Admission process/ Fee/ Application fee/ submission process are also to be intimated at the website of School of Open Learning DU in due course.
SOL currently offers 10 courses for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. The undergraduate degrees include BA (Programme), BA Political Science(H), BA English(H), BCom(H) and B.Com (Programme). “Last year approximately 1.4 lakh students had enrolled in the five undergraduate courses,” said an Official.
SOL DU started with 900 students in 1962 and for the academic year 2013-14 it enrolled around 4 lakh students and in 2014-15 around 4.5 lakh students were enrolled in DU SOL. Delhi University regular has only 54000+ UG seats.
The institute will release its prospectus along with the application form on its website sol.du.ac.in. While the last date for application is July 31, students can apply after paying a penalty fee of Rs 100 till August 31 and Rs 200 till September 15.
Every year a lot of students struggle to get admission into Delhi University but only few get and now there is a ray of hope for them as DU’s School of Open Learning (SOL) expected to come up with these new courses.
The fees at SOL for students residing in India are lower as compared to other Delhi University colleges offering regular courses. “The minimal fees ensure that students from all financial backgrounds get a chance to pursue higher studies in the course of their choice,” said an Official.
The annual fees for general category students for BA Programme is Rs 3,430, BA(H) English and BCom (Programme) Rs 3,530, BA(H) political science Rs 3,630 and BCom (H) Rs 3,830. The fees are lower for reserved categories.
|BA Programme and B.Com Pass||40% or more marks in aggregate at 10+2 examination|
|BA (Honors) English||60% or more in any one of the qualifying examinations with 70& or more in English Core or 60% in English Elective/Functional English.|
|BA (Honors) Political Science||50% or more aggregate amrks in any one of the qualifying examination|
|B.Com (Hons)||55% or more in Aggregate, or 60% or more in aggregate of vocational/technical stream with commerce.|
Note: Students belong to the SC/ST category need only passing marks in any one of the qualifyingexaminations. Candidates of OBC category will 10% relaxation in the minimum percentage of marks and PwD candidates will get the 5% relaxation.
How to Apply Online for the admission:
- Click on the URL: www.sol.du.ac.in/admission
- If you are registering then click on the ‘New User’ button but If you are already registered then click on the ‘Registered User’ button.
- Fill-in all the fields in the registration page and press the ‘Save’ button. Afterwards, successful registration, you will get the login information to your registered email-id and mobile number.
- enter your email id (registered) and password, click on ‘Submit’ button
- Please enter the data into the fields and click on ‘Save’ button.
- upload the relevant documents in the below screen and click on ‘Save’ button.
- You must verify all the entered details before you proceeding for the payments. Please read the acknowledgement and select the ‘Check Box’. After the complete verification click on ‘Verify’ button.
- Select your like payment method
- After successful payment, the screen displays; your SOL ROLL NUMBER and FEE RECEIPT NUMBER is generated
- click on ‘Print Fee Receipt’ to view and download in pdf format.
- click on ‘Print ID Card’ to print the ID card.