The process of admission to over 60,000 seats in Delhi University’s undergraduate courses has begun with the varsity for the first time going for an entirely online procedure.
Promoting ‘Digital India’, DU has gone entirely online this year with everything from application forms to fees payments covered by a digital process.
The online registration process for more than 60,000 seats will continue till June 19.
The first cut-off list will be announced on June 27 and unlike previous years, the DU will release only five cut-off lists. Students just need to log into the website, register and fill the application form.
Those who have not applied yet, here are certain things you need to know about the admission:
1) Get the Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) forms from Delhi University’s website — http://www.du.ac.in.
2) Make the payment through Internet banking.
3) Once the cut-off list is out, log into the registered account and check whether you have made it to the cut-off list
4) Select the desired combination and then take a print out of the admission form.
5) Report to the college with the application form. Remember to carry all the original documents with their photocopies.
6) An acknowledgement will be given to the candidate.
7) Pay the fee online and key in the acknowledgement number.
General category: Rs 100
SC/ST: Rs 50
Sports/ECA: Rs 100
The registration form is divided in eight sections. Fill each of these sections. Then click on save. In case you need to correct/ rewrite some details, click on edit.
In the upload section:
a) Upload self-attested passport photo and scanned signature
b) Self-attested copies of Class 10 Board certificate
c) Self-attested copies of Class 12 mark sheet
d) Self-attested copies of reserved category certificates
e) Self-attested copy of sports and extra curricular activities certificate
f) Make payment online
June 19: Last day of online application
June 27: First cut-off list to be out by 9 am
July 1: Second cut-off list
July 7: Third cut-off list
July 12: Fourth cut-off list
July 16: Fifth cut-off list
July 20: Commencement of classes
August 16: Closing date of admission