Being a tourist, you should be well acquainted with various travelling hacks that’ll enable easy and fun travelling,and will help you minimize your costs, thereby making you rich in experience. Here are a few hacks,which if kept in mind,will give you a better travelling experience.
While booking for your journey
- Always enable private browsing while booking tickets and hotels online,since travel sites often raise the prices after tracking your last visit on them.
- Keep yourself updated with the discounts given by budget airlines.
- In case of connecting flights to other countries,always check for local flights in that country to the country of your final destination. You may end up saving a pretty handsome amount.
- Instead of reserving a hotel room,look out for localites renting their place for tourists. You’ll find better accommodation there than hotels. Plus,they’ll acquaint you better with the local culture and places of ‘must-visits’.
- You may also choose to live in backpacker’s hostels. You’ll find many tourist mates there and numerous travel stories to hear too!
Tips for smart packing
- Roll the clothes instead of folding them.
- Keep socks,undergarments and handkerchiefs inside footwear.
- Keep chargers, earphones and cables in glass or wrist watch cases.
- Put hair clips in tic tac containers.
While on your tour
- When travelling in a foreign country, instead of using money converters in airports, use local ATMs or credit cards,wherever possible. You’ll be saved from the trouble of conversion fees and exchange rates.
- Always keep an auto updated currency converter app handy.
- Keep the settings of Google Maps to ‘work offline’. You’ll end up saving your money on enormous net charges.
- Always keep a small first aid kit with yourself.
- To save yourself from getting ripped off,act like you know the place quite well. Also, keep some basic information about the area.
Shreya Srivastava | Content Writer | DU Times